1. How do I make a booking?
Just contact us.
2. How do online workshops work?
Quarantined kits (one per pupil) will be delivered to your school on the Monday of the week of your confirmed booking. Everything required for the workshop will be in one sealed crate. The teacher should open the crate on the day of the workshop and follow the instructions inside the crate.The workshop will take place online using
Microsoft Teams, Skype or Zoom. Pupils will work at their own desks with their own kit. No equipment will need to be shared. On the Friday after the workshop the kit will be collected from the school.
3. How do I know the equipment is safe?
Please go to the Safety Procedures page.
4. Is there a Risk Assessment available?
Yes, available to download from the Safety Procedures page.
5. What does it cost?
Please go to the Prices page.
6. Do you charge for delivery and collection?
7. How many people can attend a workshop?
Please go to the Workshops page.
8. How many workshops can you fit into one day?
3 or 4 workshops per day for schools.
Special arrangements can be made for festivals, transition days, etc. Please contact us to discuss.
9. Does a responsible adult need to attend the workshops?
Yes. At least one responsible adult needs to be present at ALL times.
10. How long do your workshops last?
11. What room and facilities do you need?
The classroom and technical equipment suitable for a video call.
12. Do we need to provide anything?
A suitable room and technical equipment as explained above, oh, and some pupils too, please!
All the equipment required for the workshop will be provided.
13. What about Disclosure and insurance?
K'NEXT Generation staff have Enhanced Disclosure Scotland.
K’NEXT Generation has £5 million public liability insurance.
14. What about Curriculum for Excellence?
All K'NEXT Generation workshops are designed specifically to support CfE.
Please see the Workshop Guide for more information including curriculum links and follow-on work.
15. Can you accommodate special needs?
In most cases, yes.
Please contact us to discuss any special requirements and how the needs of your pupils can best be met.
16. What if we have to cancel?
Cancellations don’t usually happen – bookings can usually be re-scheduled if necessary
If however, re-scheduling cannot take place then you are liable for payment in full.
Please see Booking Conditions.
17. What if K'NEXT Generation has to cancel?
Bookings will only be postponed if K'NEXT Generation cannot provide the workshops as planned due to unforeseen and uncontrollable circumstances (illness, weather, breakdown, technical issues, etc).
On the very rare occasions that bookings cannot be rescheduled you will incur no costs but K'NEXT Generation does not accept liability for any financial or other losses arising from the cancellation.
Please see Booking Conditions.
18. How do we pay?
An invoice will be provided on the day of delivery, or beforehand if requested.
Payment is due within 30 days of the booking being completed.
Payment can be made by cheque, BACS transfer or your council payment system.
19. Can you run a special workshop for us?
Yes, just contact us to discuss your requirements.
20. What if I have other questions?
Just contact us and we will do our best to answer them.